Mandar Chitre, Journal Editor-in Chief
Congratulations to the authors of our most recently approved papers for the IEEE JOE. The following papers were published as Early Access papers online on IEEE Xplore and will appear in regular issues soon. You’ll find these papers now:
- “Monitoring Tidal Currents and Macroturbulence in a High-Flow Tidal Channel Using a Kilometer-Scale Acoustic Travel-Time Instrument”, M. Razaz; L. Zedel; A.E. Hay; K. Kawanisi.
- “Performance Improvement of Turbid Underwater Wireless Optical Communication Link Using Ratiometric Signal Processing”, S. Kumar; R. Bosu; S. Prince; Rajesh R.
- “Broadband Off-Grid DOA Estimation Using Block Sparse Bayesian Learning for Nonuniform Noise Variance”, Y. Choo; H. Yang.
- “Collaboration of Heterogeneous Marine Robots Toward Multidomain Sensing and Situational Awareness on Partially Submerged Targets”, J. Lindsay; J. Ross; M.L. Seto; E. Gregson; A. Moore; J. Patel; R. Bauer.
- “Optimal Path Planning of Autonomous Marine Vehicles in Stochastic Dynamic Ocean Flows Using a GPU-Accelerated Algorithm”, R. Chowdhury; D. Subramani.
- “Belief-Propagation-Based Low-Complexity Channel Estimation and Detection for Underwater Acoustic Communications with Moving Transceivers”, G. Yang; Q. Guo; Z. Qin; D. Huang; Q. Yan.
- “End-to-End Plankton Database Collection System”, X. Yang; N. Wang; Y. Cui.
- “Autonomous Tracking of Salinity-Intrusion Fronts by a Long-Range Autonomous Underwater Vehicle”, Y. Zhang; N. Yoder; B. Kieft; A. Kukulya; B.W. Hobson; S. Ryan; G.G. Gawarkiewicz.
- “Underwater Image Enhancement With Reinforcement Learning”, S. Sun; H. Wang; H. Zhang; M. Li; M. Xiang; C. Luo; P. Ren.
- “Interferometric Doppler Velocity Sonar for Low Bias Long Range Estimation of Speed Over Seabed”, M.A. Pinto; L. Verrier.
- “Underwater Image Enhancement by Attenuated Color Channel Correction and Detail Preserved Contrast Enhancement”, W. Zhang; Y. Wang; C. Li.
- “A CNN for Range and Seabed Estimation on Normalized and Extracted Time-Series Impulses”, D.F. Van Komen, K. Howarth; T.B. Neilsen; D.P. Knobles; P.H. Dahl.