OES Student Branch Chapter Support
The IEEE Oceanic Engineering Society (OES) has begun a new Student Branch Chapter (SBC) support program. This program is designed to provide financial support to the SBCs for the following:
- Financial support to the SBC chairs or representative to attend the OCEANS conference where they will be involved in supporting the society, the conference and promoting student activities and participation.
- Financial support, up to a maximum of $2,000, for SBC initiatives such as technology demonstrations and/or participation in contests/competitions where OES related technologies are demonstrated.
The financial support for travel to OCEANS and for technology initiatives will be based on the available funds and the activity of the SBCs. Funding will also be considered for activities that can “kick start” an SBC to increase its society involvement.
To participate, the SBC should provide the OES VP for Professional Activities the name and contact information of the SBC chair or representative who is nominated to attend the next OCEANS conference.
And/or, the SBCs interested in a technology initiative can provide a not to exceed one-page request for support that indicates the following:
- Description of the initiative
- Identify who in the SBC is involved
- What the benefit to the SBC and the OES will be
- Required amount and time frame for the funding
Those SBCs interested should send inquiries to the VP for Professional Activities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: (2019-02-11)
|Student Branch Chapters||Advisors||Advisor email address|
|Escuela Superior Politecnica Del Litoral, Ecuador||Karen Aguirreemail@example.com|
|City University of Hong Kong||Tzo Ho Szefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Panimalar Institute of Technology, Chennai, India||Prejol Hulda Sheena Pemail@example.com|
|Shanghai Jiao Tong University||Daiwei Lifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Western Washington University||James Lee Kintzeleemail@example.com|
|University of Southern Mississippi||Laura Elizabeth Hodefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|University of Strathclyde||Olena Karpenkoemail@example.com|
|University of Zagreb||Anja Babicfirstname.lastname@example.org|
News Links of Interest