Per ardua ad mare
(To the ocean, through hard work)
Mission – The Society’s mission is to be the professional home of people passionate about ocean science, engineering, and technology.
Vision – Our vision is to be a collaborative community working towards a safe, healthy, and productive ocean.
Values – We have three main values that drive our Society:
- Mentorship for Future Generations
- Community and Networking
- Leadership: Envisioning our Future Ocean
Field of Interest – The Field of Interest of the Society includes all aspects of science, engineering, and technology that address research, development, and operations pertaining to all bodies of water. This includes the creation of new capabilities and technologies from concept design through prototypes, testing, and operational systems to sense, explore, understand, develop, use, and responsibly manage natural resources.
IF THE TECHNOLOGY GETS WET YOU’LL FIND THE EXPERTS HERE
- 11 TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEES
- QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER
- QUARTERLY PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL
- EARTHZINE (SCIENCE OUTREACH PUBLICATION)
- TWO OCEANS CONFERENCES PER YEAR
- STUDENT POSTER COMPETITION: ALL EXPENSES PAID TO THE OCEANS CONFERENCE
- YOUNG PROFESSIONALS COMMITTEE
- THE WORLD’S INNER-SPACE NETWORK